The start of a collection of historic typewriters goes back to the year 1936, when the former “German Institute for short hand and typing” in Bayreuth began the training of teachers for the corresponding subject.
Today, the collection includes more than 300 typewriters, half of which are sorted after
technical points of view, in glass display cases.
The exhibit documents the development history of the typewriter since 1864 until today.
The collection is at the same time illustrative and teaching material for word processing and
will be, spatial conditions allowing, always further expanded.